The Scientific Board is the scientific and technical body of the Alliance.
The purpose of the Scientific Board is to:
- Contribute to the substantive content of DDI standards and semantic products and approve major version revisions.
- Evaluate technical proposals through the Alliance standards review process.
- Undertake research and testing concerning proposals for DDI standards and semantic products.
- Develop and promulgate best practices for use of DDI standards and semantic products.
- Assess progress and barriers to progress.
- Suggest future directions and activities for the Alliance.
The specific work of the Scientific Board is accomplished through the Technical Committee and various working groups established by the Scientific Board. The Chair and Vice-Chair are elected by the membership of Scientific Board and serve a three year term.