1) Discovery: We need id, label, description for a study (tofkas).
We might need other things, e.g. created+last changed+released dates/versions, keywords, citation, kind of data, but discuss that later. (parking lot)
2) Question to Steve's diagram: What does "operation" mean? What does "T" mean? (ask Steve; answer: these were default values and can be ignored)
3) How is the structure of the SimpleCodebook View: Is it composed of six other views (DataDescription...) or is it a different composition of elements from the DDI library?
4) We go through the ICPSR element list of their codebook:
Document level: We might need to create a document from the codebook, like from any other view. This should be considered a general use case. For this we would need elements like producer, copyright, administrative notes, created+last upated date, "output format", etc.
Study level: see discovery elements (parking lot)
Proposal is to have a study package (tofkas) to hold information that is specific and is not covered by discovery package.
We could capture funding information as a specialization of "citation"
Methodology: ICPSR Study has also methodology elements, e.g. universe, sampling, mode of collection, geographic coverage, time period, unit of analysis, kind of data
Proposal: We could use the GSBPM/GLBPM model to have "methodology for phase xyz" as a structure .
also see Dan Gilman's post Toronto Methodology Model
Question to diagram: Difference between Methodology and Method Part?
Methodology for DataCollection should inklude link to DataCollection Package
Instrument: "Presence of common scales"
File level information: Is that included in DataDescription? Answer: yes it will be.
Variable Level: Is included in DataDescription. We should check elements separately.
We need a link from variable level to question text.
Variable Groups: Should be documented under file level?
Is summary statistics here in the right place?
5) Working on relationsships between elements
5a) Methodology and SimpleInstrument
The Methodology for design of study should be linked to LogicalInstrument. Question: is Logical Instrument mode specific?
Question to SimpleInstrument group: Is there no Physical Instrument?
Universe should be linked to Capture
Geographic Coverage and Time period may be connected to ResponseDomain
Unit is related to Capture
5b) Methodology and DataDescription
to be continued...
6) Arofan provided list of elements for IHSN, Cessda, and Nesstar codebooks; work on next day will be to find commonalities