DDI Training Working Group
Tuesday February 4, 2020
9 am (EST), 2 pm (UTC), 3 pm (CET), 4 pm (CAT/EET)
*Feel free to put the time in for your time zone and we will repeat it every time.
Group email alias: email@example.com
Group information and documents in Confluence
Group information and documents in Google
Present: Jane Fry (Carleton U), Alina Dancu (Sciences Po), Martine Gagnon (Laval U), Dan Gillman (US Bureau of Labor Statistics), Arofan Gregory (Consultant), Chifundo Kanjala (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine), Kaia Kulla (Statistics Estonia), Marta Limmert (Statistics Estonia), Jared Lyle (DDI Director), Alexandre Mairot (Sciences Po), Lucie Marie (Sciences Po), Hilde Orten (NSD), Knut Wenzig (German Institute for Economic Research), Hayley Mills (CLOSER), Jon Johnson (CLOSER)
(bolded names have accepted the mtg - please bold your name if you will be there)
Regrets: Anja Perry (GESIS), Florio Arguillas (Cornell U),
The meeting will be recorded.
Chair: Jane Fry; Note taker - Martine
1.Previous Meeting notes here
2. Membership Update
- Amber Leahey is on leave until September 2020 so we will leave her name off until then as she will not be attending any meetings
- We will go alphabetically
4. Round Table
a. DDI Training Events coming up?
i. Hilde is organizing an introduction workshop at IASSIST and was accepted. Will be doing it with one other person.
ii. Jon is organizing training - still at beginning stages
iii. Kaia has done DDI training
iiii. Dan is doing DDI training for 5-6 persons
b. Report from sub-group co-heads - DEFERRED
i. Sub-groups are not yet formed
5. Working together
a. Our mailing list - Anja put it together
i. To prevent forgetting anyone
ii. Does anyone want to add / change to an alternative email address?
Please send any other address to Anja or Jane if you do.
b. Confluence update
- Still working on getting meeting notes in and organizing it
c. Sandbox (that is, an area where we can all work on a document)
i. Confluence does not work as a sandbox
ii. Who is not able to access Google drive?
a. Jane will send him word docs for his review and will add his comments to the google docs
d. Project management tool JIRA (Anja) - DEFERRED
e. Current Google drive and how it is organized
- See below
6. Training Library Update (Link to Google Drive)
a. Arofan will organize the presentations
i. To go through all presentations and figure out what is there, what is missing
1.Arofan was hired as a consultant
To make presentations consistent in their appearance
b. Update on current ppts (Arofan)
- Google file: Library presentation / formatted presentations
- All the presentation should be formatted with using the guide
- Some decks need to be updated, at least reviewed
- Some presentations are not in the library
7. Brainstorming about topics for the group
a. Your ideas - what we should be working on?
i. Working on slide decks - A
1.Go through and review for consistency
ii. Working on slide decks - B
1.Where are the gaps in the library
Jon and Arofan talked about DDI vs FAIR principles.
iii. Training Webpage updating
iv. Future training opportunities and ideas
1.More train-the-trainers (local capacity)
b. What are our priorities for the next year? 2 years?
i. Work on putting together a more complete training library
c. Breaking up into sub-groups
i. Proposal - Need four groups to get things done
ii. Everyone to look at the 4 proposed sub-groups and add ideas to the google docs ACTION ALL
1.Jane will set them up and send them around ACTION JANE
iii. Then choose which group you would like to be part of
iv. These monthly mtg will be for everyone to touch base
v. The 4 sub-groups will set up mtg times on their own, apart from these mtg
8. Next Meeting:
- Tuesday March 3, 2020.
- 9.am (EST), 2 pm (UTC), 3 pm (CET), 4 pm (CAT/EET)
- Jane will send out mtg invites in Outlook ACTION JANE