Training Working Group

Role and Purpose of Group

The purpose of the Training Group is to:

  • Ensure that our goals align and build on the DDI Alliance Scientific Work Plan.
  • Introduce people to DDI and improve people's competence in working with DDI.
  • Promote deeper understanding of DDI’s work products by addressing specific topics.
  • Gear training to specific audiences as appropriate (for example, by beginning to set up training materials and events in languages other than English).
  • Develop expertise within the Working Group for carrying out training.
  • Maintain a training library with updated training material in languages other than English for reuse

See Mandate


Official DDI Training Materials - These DDI training materials are approved products of the DDI Alliance. Intended for re-use.

DDI Training Community - Applied training. Anyone may submit their DDI training materials to this community. 

Group Members

Group email:

Alina Danciu (Chair)
Hayley Mills (Chair)
Daniel Gillman

Kaia Kulla

Laura Molloy

Hilde Orten


Flavio Rizzolo (Scientific Board contact)
Geneviève Michaud

Meeting Notes for current and previous years

Meeting Time and Connection Information

The Training Group meets every first Tuesday of the month at 9 am (EST) / 2 pm (UTC) / 3 pm (CET) / 4 pm (CAT/EET) using Zoom.

To join the meeting online use this link:

Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Please set yourself on mute when you are not speaking to prevent background noises.

Ongoing actions

Actions which are not specific to each sub-group activities listed below

  • All to think of any ways to improve the monthly meetings
  • Alina DANCIU Since the DDI zoom link is now working for HM/AD it might be preferable going forward to use this link consistently to remove confusion for group members. AD to update the invites to this link instead of the sciencespo meeting link.
  • Hilde Orten will make RDA slides available to the Zenodo community group. 

  • Arofan to confirm speakers for EDDI22 training event
  • Hayley Mills to draft info about the EDDI22 training event
  • Jared Lyle to ask ICPSR marketing to use to promote EDDI22 training event
  • Hayley MillsAlina DANCIULaura to send emails to lists about the EDDI22 training event
  • Hilde Orten will pick up the getting started pages in the next sub-wg meeting and who will lead this. 
  • Hayley Mills and Alina DANCIU to use mandate to advertise what we do and recruit new members.
  • @Laura to check if there are any FAIR events we should attend In addition to those which are listed (conferences)
  • Hilde Orten to share a spreadsheet of the number of training requests received and their outcome
  • Alina DANCIU to provide details about the translation volunteers and their slide deck priorities. - Alina would like input from the slide review group Kathryn Lavender
  • Flavio Rizzolo will get back to us with more details about the SB’s (and TCs) role in the signing off of the slide decks.
  • Hilde Orten to contact and set up a meeting to understand what CODATA RDA schools do/teach and what they would be interested in.
  • Kathryn Lavender to add translation priorities to the slide review group's next meeting
  • Arofan to provide a plan for the next set of webinars for 2022/2023.